1. Rafael Perez was back tonight. He was absolutely dominant, going 2.1 hitless innings backing up the Byrd Man who danced through 5.2 IP, allowing three jacks (two to Jason Giambi) and several more loud outs.
2. It's nice to have a real closer. Rafael Betancourt got the Yanks 1-2-3 in the ninth, something JoBlow never seems to do. Not to mention, you had confidence the game was in hand going into the ninth. That NEVER happened with JoBlow.
3. All six Tribe runs were scored with two out. That includes the three-run pizza by Jhonny Peralta. It's about time Jhon stepped up. His first inning two-out single plated another. He has four RBI on the night, giving him 10 for the season. He nearly doubled his season's output in one night.
4. Pronk has to get going. Yes, he was 1-3 with a walk, but he continues to look bad at the plate and should be moved out of the three hole. Dare I say it - the Tribe brass is already regretting giving Pronk that $14 million per deal.
5. Franky G's solo jack was an absolute bomb.
6. There were so many annoying, loser, bandwagon Yankee fans there tonight. F them. Walking out, these two degenerates said to people walking by "26 World Series Titles, that's all I have to say." Have another beer, you low class piece of garbage!
7. Jerry Springer was sitting in my row, five seats away. He came to the game in a suit, no tie, BY HIMSELF. He sat there all game long and had hot chicks coming up to him one after another to get pictures with him or his autograph. You would not have believed how well he was received. It was like Elvis was there.
8. Back to baseball, would it have killed Eric Wedge to play Ben Francisco tonight rather than K-Mike? K-Mike went 1-4 and RAISED his average to .163.
9. Kosher Dogs cost $5.oo this season.
10. The Yankees lineup is so loaded, but they look like an old, slow team tonight. Plus, outside of Joba Chamberlain and Mariano Rivera, that bullpen is awful.
11. Good to see ex-Indian Billy Traber make his return to the Jake. He still has that hitchy delivery and is so easy to steal on. It cost the Yankees a run when Grady Sizemore stole on him and Jamey Carroll singled Grady home.