Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Hate Him

The game isn't over, but I've been drawn to the blog. I'm back to the end of my rope with the deuche bag to the right of the text. In one fell swoop, just like he did against the Red Sox in Game Seven last year, he made a pathetic error costing the Indians the game and Paul Byrd a much deserved win, then compounded his mistake by K'ing with the bases loaded and one out in a tie game in the 10th after Mariners closer J.J. Putz couldn't throw a strike. This time around, the blunders were in reverse order.

The error was a joke. Victor Martinez had Ichiro nailed on his attempted steal of third with a 1-0 lead, but Fake couldn't catch a simple everyday throw to third, allowing Ichiro to trot home from third and tie the game at 1-1.

Oh, but he had a chance to redeem himself and be the hero in the 10th with the scored tied at two. I got the following text from my boy Ags: "dp or k, guaranteed." He was right. David Dellucci followed with a K of his own to end the rally.

Did I mention Eric Wedge's bright idea of hitting Fake second and Dellucci third tonight? What on God's green earth gave him the idea that this was a smart move? That brilliant line of thinking was good for one run of four hits through nine innings.

SERENITY NOW

No comments: